Why I went on a trip to Siargao?
As I sit here in the driver's seat, headed towards Siargao, I can hardly believe that I'm actually going on a trip. Traveling is not something I usually do. In fact, the last time I went on a trip was two months ago when I visited Davao Oriental. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I went on a trip. I've always been an introverted person who preferred to stay at home. But lately, something inside of me has been calling out for adventure. It's like there's a part of me that wants to see the world, experience new things, and create memories that will last a lifetime. I think one of the reasons for this sudden desire to travel is because of my love for watching travel videos on YouTube. But there's more to it than that.
![]() |
| Taktak Falls |
I've been feeling depressed lately, although I don't think I can fully diagnose myself. I feel like I'm constantly tired, both physically and mentally. Simple tasks like waking up, cooking, and taking a shower feel like a chore. I have no motivation or energy to do anything. I don't have any goals or plans for the future, and even if I try to come up with something, I can't seem to muster up the drive to follow through with it. The truth is, I don't want to work. The thought of it makes me exhausted. I've become more irritable, and even the smallest things can set me off. I know I can't fully express what I'm feeling right now, but the bottom line is that I'm not living my best life.
It wasn't always like this. Just two years ago, I was happy and had two jobs. I was a masters degree student at the same time. I had enough money to buy whatever I wanted, and I even started thinking about starting a business. Eventually, I did start a business, but unfortunately, it failed. I tried again with a second business, but that one failed too. And then I tried yet again with another one, which also failed. It was all my fault. I didn't know anything about running a business, and all the money I had saved up was gone in a matter of months. To make matters worse, I accumulated debt during this time. I quit one of my jobs to focus on the business ventures, leaving me with only one online job. When everything fell apart, that job was not enough to pay off my debt.
This is where I believe my anxiety and depression started. The failures, the debt, the drama - it all piled up and left me feeling hopeless. I felt like I had lost everything, and I didn't know how to start over. I'm broke, and the future looks bleak. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
![]() |
| Magpupungko Rock Pools |
Going on this trip to Siargao gave me hope. I felt a sense of excitement and joy that I haven't felt in a long time. It was like a new beginning. Maybe it's because I was able to disconnect from everything and enjoy the beauty of the world around me. I realized that there's still so much to see and experience. It's like my depression lifted for a while, and I was able to breathe. Maybe this trip will be the fresh start I need. Maybe I'll come back feeling refreshed and motivated to start over. I know it won't solve all my problems, but it's a start. It's a step in the right direction. And who knows? Maybe this trip will ignite a passion that I never knew existed within me. Maybe it will help me see the world in a different light, and help me find my way back to the person I used to be - the person who had dreams, goals, and a sense of purpose.
I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm trying my best to move forward. I'm slowly learning to enjoy the present moment and to let go of the past. I know that it won't be easy, but I'm determined to make the most out of my life and to not let my failures define me. As I finish writing this blog, I feel a sense of relief. It's not easy to open up about my struggles, but I know that it's necessary. I hope that by sharing my story, I can inspire others to keep going, even when things get tough. Life is full of ups and downs, but it's up to us to make the most out of it.



Comments
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts!